WHAT IS EARTHING™?
We live on a planet that is alive with natural energies and subtly pulsating frequencies caused by "free electrons." Walking barefoot on the Earth, as humans have done throughout history, naturally discharges electrical stress from our bodies by facilitating the reception of these free electrons up into our system.
The free electrons on the surface of the Earth are easily transferred up, into, and throughout our body as long as there is direct contact with the ground. These electrons restore our body's natural internal electrical stability and rhythms, which in turn, promotes normal functioning our body systems.
This process remedies an electron deficiency, which in turn reduces inflammation (a common cause of disease). It shifts the nervous system from a stress-dominated mode to one of calmness. By reconnecting to the Earth, you enable your body to return to its normal electical state, which makes you better able to self-regulate and self-heal.
WHAT CAN EARTHING™ DO FOR YOU?
- Diffuse the inflammation and improve or eliminate the symptoms of many inflammation-related disorders.
- Reduce or eliminate chronic pain.
- Improve sleep in most cases.
- Increase energy.
- Lower stress and promote calmness in the body by cooling down the nervous system and stress hormones.
- Normalize the body's biological rhythms.
- Thin blood and improve blood pressure and flow.
- Relieve muscle tension and headaches.
- Lessen hormonal and menstrual symptoms.
- Dramatically speed healing and help prevent bedsores.
- Reduce or eliminate jet lag.
- Protect the body against potentially health-disturbing environmental electromagnetic fields (EMFs).
- Accelerate recovery from intense athletic activity.
WHY SHOULD YOU GROUND WHILE SLEEPING?
The research to date indicates that Earthing™ during sleep is the ideal way of reducing inflammation throughout the body. Sleep is the time when the body rests and recovers from the stresses of daily activities. If we do not sleep well, the recovery process works only partially, making us susceptible to a wide variety of stress-related problems. As these problems worsen, they can further interfere with our sleep, making the situation even worse.
This cycle of discomfort, stress, and insomnia can be readily reversed and improved in the majority of cases by sleeping grounded. Some people who have grounded themselves at night after a period of time have been able to throw out their sleeping aids.
We spend a third of our life sleeping. An Earthing™ Half Sheet is an extremely easy way to improve our health and lessen pain. Just lie down and go to sleep!
HOW DO YOU USE THE HALF-SHEET?
The Half-Sheet is generally placed at the foot end of the bed, horizontally across the bottom fitted sheet, and tucked around and under the mattress. The idea is that your legs and feet will be in contact with the Half-Sheet while you sleep. The Half-Sheet can also be placed lengthwise on the bed as well for full body contact.
Placing any part of your body on the sheet grounds you during sleep.
DOES THE HALF SHEET NEED TO COME INTO CONTACT WITH BARE SKIN?
No, you don't need bare skin against the Half-Sheet, but it's always best if you can! If it is too cold for bare skin contact, you can have a thin layer of clothing against the Half-Sheet. The sweat from your body will act as a conductor through the fabric of your clothing, but the amount of perspiration and the thickness of the clothing will permit varying degrees of conductivity. To be sure you are fully grounded, bare skin is best.
- Conductive Earthing™ bed pad Half-Sheet with straight 15-ft (4.57 m) Earthing™ cord. Natural-color.100% cotton sheet.
- Outlet checker.
- Ground rod with attached 40-foot (12.2 m) cord.
- Complimentary Earthing book.
Half-Sheet Size: 120 x 36 inches/3 x .9m.
Place the Half-Sheet over a section of your regular bottom fitted sheet and tuck the ends in under the mattress. It fits all sizes of beds, from Twin to Cal-King. An inlaid network of soft yet durable silver fibers in the cotton fabric provides conductivity. When you lie down, some part of your body must make contact with the sheet, preferably bare skin contact.
Preparing For Use:
Step 1: Test Your Outlets
Before using your Earthing™ Half-Sheet, test your nearest wall electrical outlet using the outlet checker provided to see if it is grounded. If you do not have grounded outlets, you will have to use the included Earthing™ ground rod.
Step 2: Set-Up Your Earthing™ Half-Sheet
1. Place the Half-Sheet across the width or length of the bed, over the bottom sheet, so that when you lie down you make bare skin contact with the Half-Sheet. Any part of your body will work. Many people place it across the width of the bed, at the foot end, so that the lower legs and/or feet make contact.
2. Insert one end of the Earthing™ cord into the ground port of a properly grounded wall outlet (third hole) or connect to the cord of an Earthing™ ground rod placed in the Earth outside.
3. Snap the other end of the Earthing™ cord onto the Half-Sheet.
4. Tuck the loose ends under the mattress.
Step 3: Test Your Half-Sheet With The Conductivity Tester
The purpose of the tester is to verify that your Earthing™ Half-Sheet is conductive.
1. Insert the prong end of the plastic splitter into a grounded outlet or ground rod cord.
2. Plug the Earthing™ cord from the Half-Sheet into one of the two splitter receptacle ends.
3. Insert the prong end of the tester cord into the other splitter receptacle.
4. Place the product tester flat on the Half-Sheet. The round metal plate must be in contact with the surface of the Half-Sheet. Press firmly on the Half-Sheet to obtain a good contact. A green light means that the Half-Sheet is in working order. In the unlikely case that no green light comes on, the sheet may be defective or may have lost conductivity and should be replaced.
5. Disconnect the splitter from the ground connection. Disconnect the cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert the Earthing™ cord from the Half-Sheet into the ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your Half-Sheet often. Periodically testing them after washing will suffice. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire. The tester contains two replaceable batteries.
Sometimes, people have difficulty testing their sheets. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the sheet while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on the back of the tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the sheet. Make sure that both the tester and the sheet are plugged in to the ground, as described above.
The reason for perhaps the light not going on could be that you aren't pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the sheet sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive silver fibers of the sheet. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see "hills and valleys." The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around the fibers and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
How To Care For Your Earthing™ Half-Sheet:
Step 1: Washing
The Half-Sheet may be machine washed using warm setting, approximately 105 degrees Fahrenheit (40 celsius). Do not use chlorine bleach or liquid fabric softener, or any detergent containing bleach or fabric softener, chemicals that can ruin the conductivity of your sheet. When necessary, use hydrogen peroxide-based non-bleach to remove stains and/or to whiten.
*High mineral content water may cause a build up of calcium on the silver fibers, which will affect the lifespan of the Half-Sheet*
Step 2: Drying
Tumble dry using medium setting, up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65 Celsius). Do not dry clean your sheet.
*Do not apply lotions, creams, or oils to the skin before bedtime on parts of your body that will be in contact with the Earthing sheet. Such substances oxidize and can damage conductivity
*Oily skin types can affect the lifespan of the sheet
Lightning Advisory: Although it is unlikely that you will be hit by lightning, it is recommended to follow standard lightning safety guidelines as directed by the National Weather Service and disconnect your Earthing™ devices during lightning and thunderstorms.