Jing Herbs Deer Antler Essence, 2 fl oz
Jing Herbs Deer Antler Essence extract is a full spectrum extraction of one of the most profound substances in the anti-aging and longevity category.
Sourcing and Harvesting
Jing Herbs source only antler from New Zealand due to its unsurpassed quality and the total dedication of the New Zealand Game Industry Board to the absolutely humane treatment of the animals during the harvesting process.
Deer Antler is truly one of nature’s miraculous examples of regeneration and sustainability. In the spring antlers naturally grow at an astounding rate of almost 2 cm daily. At approximately day 60 of the growing cycle, the deer are gathered together from the free range, and the antlers are harvested under the auspices of licensed and trained veterinarians. After a few days, when it has been determined that the animals are all in good health, they are returned the free range for the remainder of the year.
After harvesting, the antlers are freeze dried and then sliced into thin wafers. It is these thin slices that Jing Herbs then takes delivery of and processes into their potent and full spectrum Deer Antler Essence. They only do full spectrum extractions because they believe nature constructs the products to a state of perfection in relation to active ingredients. When you take a natural product like deer antler, and try to spike the levels of one or two of the ‘active ingredients’, you may be getting the intelligence of the product, but you may be leaving behind the wisdom. Jing Herbs gives you the product the way nature intended, in its potent, nutrient rich, non-toxic, full spectrum glory.
Let’s now talk about the phenomenal makeup of deer antler. On analysis, antler was found to contain all of these life enhancing and longevity promoting components:
Minerals and Trace Minerals
- Calcium(Ca)- provides structure for healthy bones and teeth, it is also an essential element for nerve impulse conduction, muscle contraction, and blood clotting. It is also interesting to note in the Taoist tradition that this mineral has a calming effect on the spirit.
- Copper(Cu)-necessary for the production of red blood cells, bones and nerves.
- Iron(Fe)- essential for the ability of red blood cells to transport oxygen to every cell in the body.
- Manganese(Mn)- essential for the production and development of bones and connective tissue, and for the normal functioning of the central nervous system.
- Magnesium(Mg)- very important in making calcium bio-available and essential in metabolic reactions and the storing and releasing of energy in the cells.
- Phosphorus(P)- another element of bones and teeth, and is a component of the vast majority of metabolic reactions.
- Potassium(K)- essential to all nerve and muscle functions.
- Selenium(Se)-one of the bodies’ most powerful antioxidants and essential to a strong immune system.
- Sodium(Na)- essential in osmotic pressure regulation and nerve and muscle function.
- Sulfur(S)- an essential component of hormones, vitamins, proteins , amino acids and insulin.
- Zinc(Zn)- an important mineral in optimal immune function also part of the enzymes involved in digestion and respiration and it is necessary for normal wound healing and healthy skin.
- There are several proteins found in deer antler, but the major one is Collagen in the forms of Type I,II,III,IV,VI and X. This protein is a major component of bones, tendons, ligaments and cartilage. You can see why Deer Antler Essence would be a perfect addition to an athletic regimen.
- Amino Acids Amino acids are the building blocks the body uses to construct proteins and are the structural materials in the cell. They are directly involved in the growth and repair of all tissue in the body. Deer antler contains both essential and non-essential amino acids, they are: Alanine, Asparagine, Aspartic acid, Arginine, Cysteine, Glutamine, Glycine, Glutamic acid, Histidine, Isoleucine, Lysine, Leucine, Phenylalanine, Methionine, Orthinine, Serine, Proline, Taurine, Tryptophan, Threonine, Tyrosine and Valine.
When we are young, the concentration of growth factors is relatively high which promotes lean muscle mass and low body fat. But as we age, the production of growth factors slowly begins to decline and the muscles begin to atrophy and body fat begins to be deposited especially for inactive individuals. The growth factors found in deer antler are the following:
- Insulin-like Growth Factor 1(IGF-1) and Factor 2 (IGF-2).
- Epidermal Growth Factor(EGF).
- Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF).
These endogenous pyrogens belong to a family of chemical messengers called cytokines. The following cytokines are found in this product:
- Interleukin 1
- Interleukin 2
- Interleukin 6
- Interleukin 12
One of the things that customers have come to rely on is the fact that Jing Herbs will not produce products that violate the law of balance. They go to great pains to assure that their formulas protect, nourish and balance the Three Treasures. Their Deer Antler Essence extract is no exception to this rule.
Since deer antler is essentially a very potent yang tonic, Jing Herbs has included two of the most famous yin tonics to bring balance to the formula. With the addition of Lycium and He Shou Wu this formula takes on a whole new dimension of being a COMPLETE Kidney Essence tonic. Jing Herbs is confident that once you add their Deer Antler Essence to your herbal program you will be one step closer to the best health ever!
Please Note: Jing Herbs doesn’t standardize or test for IGF-1 in their Deer Antler. They adhere to a more traditional Taoist philosophy of whole herb extracts. IGF-1 is but one of hundreds of constituents and co-factors in Deer Antler Essence that contribute to its long prized longevity enhancing properties. The closer an herb gets to a single component or the more a single component is concentrated and standardized, the closer it becomes to medicine rather than food and Jing Herb's philosophy is one that embraces the tonic food based approach.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.