Naked Chocolate is the book that launched the raw chocolate revolution!
No expense was spared to bring you Naked Chocolate, an extraordinary book about the world’s most celebrated superfood. Naked Chocolate is the product of years of research into eating raw chocolate as part of a balanced diet. Absolutely stunning full-color presentation. 2005, 248 pgs., softcover, full-color photographs throughout the entire book. David Wolfe, America's leading nutrition guru, and Shazzie, the UK's most progressive health educator, have teamed up to bring you Naked Chocolate!
Yes, raw, organic chocolate is good for you. In fact, David Wolfe and Shazzie demonstrate it is the best food ever. In these pages, you will discover the astonishing truth about the world's greatest superfood.
Chocolate grows on trees! All chocolate comes from cacao beans - the seeds of the cacao fruit, which grows on a jungle tree. Cacao beans taste like dark chocolate, because they are dark chocolate! David Wolfe and Shazzie introduce the phenomenal, enlightening power of cacao beans engulfed in the magic of chocolate! And they show us how to use extraordinary chocolate recipes to achieve higher and higher states of pure joy!
Naked Chocolate contains over 60 original, enticing, mouthwatering raw chocolate recipes.
Learn and experience how chocolate - The Food of the Gods - allows you to:
Eat more while losing weight
Heal and soothe your heart
Increase your sensuality, love life and beauty
Double your joy
Nourish your intellect
Attract prosperity into your life
Experience the world's most wonderful aphrodisiacs
Create the most outrageous beverages, desserts, cakes, ice creams and other fantastic tasty delights
The recipes in these pages allow you to find that perfect alchemical potion that causes all heaven to break loose.
Warning: Reading this book may cause you to have the best day ever!
Table of Contents:
- Cacao's Properties
Part I: Cacao
- Legends of Cacao
- Theobroma Cacao
- A Brief History of Chocolate
- Money Does Grow On Trees
Part II: Scientific Properties of Chocolate
- Chemical Composition of Cacao
- Methylxanthines: Theobromine and Caffeine
- Anandamide (the Bliss Chemical)
- Neurotransmitter Modulating Agents
Part III: Exotic Properties of Chocolate
- Nature's Prozac (Anti-Depressant Properties of Cacao)
- Tryptamines, Phenylalanines, Lactones and Cannabinoids
- Chocolate as Medicine
- Chocolate and Pregnancy
- Chocolate Yoga
- Overcoming Chocolate Addictions
Part IV: Chocolate Alchemy
- Curing by Contraries
- Naked Chocolate
- Organic Food
- The Ancient Chocolate Drink
- Cacao's Best Friends
- Other Old and New Friends of Cacao
- What to do with Cacao Beans
- The New Cacao Beverage
- The Recipes
- Chocolate for the Skin
- The Chocolate Religion
- Finding the Best Chocolate
- A Secret History of Chocolate
The Last Bits
- Shazzie's Projects and Resources
- David Wolfe's Projects and Resources
- About the Authors
"Naked Chocolate is fantastic! I love it very much. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you a million times."
- Dr. Patrick Flanagan, Inventor of Crystal Energy, MegaHydrate and the Neurophone, voted one of America's top 10 scientists (at the age of 17!)
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.