He Shou Wu
(pronounced huh – similar to English "huh", but not as open – show woo) is one of the most popular and highly revered tonic herbs in Asian herbalism. He Shou Wu is the prepared tuberous root of Polygonum multiflorum, a plant that grows in the mountains of central and southern China. It shares the position as the primary essence (Jing) tonic of Chinese herbalism with Lycium fruit (Goji berry). He Shou Wu is also widely used in popular Western herbalism under the names "Fo Ti" or "Fleeceflower." He Shou Wu
is widely used in Chinese tonic herbalism as a tonic to prevent premature aging by tonifying the Kidney and Liver functions, toning up Jing (vital essence), nourishing the blood, and fortifying the muscles, tendons and bones. It strengthens and stabilizes the lower back and knees. He Shou Wu is used to enhance sexual drive, increase sperm count and to strengthen sperm and ova. It is also widely used in Asia to maintain the youthful condition and color of the hair. (This is one of its most popular attributes.) Because it is a very mild sedative, it will calm the nervous system, and because it has components that are potent antioxidants with gentle anti-inflammatory action in the liver, it can clear the eyes.
Its strength comes from its remarkable ability to cleanse the body by cleaning the kidney and liver, which in turn cleans the blood. By virtue of its ability to accumulate tremendous quantities of Qi into its root, this herb can tonify these organs and can fortify and nourish the blood. Although He Shou Wu provides abundant Qi, it is not a stimulant.Ho Shou Wu is unsurpassed in its ability to provide deep, primordial energy (Jing, essence) to the cells of the body
via the Kidney system as described in Chinese health philosophy. Ho Shou Wu supplements the human body's "functional reserve."It is extremely rich in potent antioxidants and in antioxidant-potentiating molecules.
He Shou Wu stimulates the body's innate ability to efficiently clear superoxide, the highly reactive free radical, from the body. It is widely believed that the SOD generating capacity of He Shou Wu is one of the reasons it has been found to have anti-aging and longevity increasing activity. SOD protects our cells from DNA damage, lipid peroxidation, ionizing radiation damage, and many forms of progressive cell degradation. He Shou Wu is extremely rich in zinc and iron.
Zinc is an essential trace mineral required by all forms of life. Numerous aspects of cellular metabolism are zinc-dependent. Zinc plays important roles in growth and development, the immune response, neurological function, and reproduction. Zinc is important to our sexual and reproductive functions. Zinc is also critical to reproductive health. He Shou Wu has also been found to enhance fundamental immunological functions and to improve adrenal gland functioning. What Is F.I.T.T Technology And Why Is It Important?
Dragon Herbs' new Fingerprint Identical Transfer Technology™ (FITT™) is a patented green extraction technology of the 21st century. It is the most advanced commercial extraction technology in the world.
FITT™ is a proprietary process that utilizes mechanical forces to break the raw materials down to micron level. The materials are "shaken" loose at tremendous speed, resulting in instantaneous extraction of both water-soluble and alcohol-soluble components from the raw material into the solvent.
FITT™ technology captures the original phyto-chemical profile (the fingerprint) of a botanical and transfers it safely and almost identically into the final extract, perfectly preserving the aroma, color and taste of the freshly collected botanical. The result is an instant granule that tastes and smells just like its original plant.
The entire process is performed at a low to moderate temperature that never exceeds 40°C (104° F), thus eliminating the drawbacks of a heated extraction. With the entire process's temperature controlled under 104° F, FITT™ extracts are really "raw" extracts. FITT™ extracts the raw constituents without damaging them in any way. In fact, far more constituents are released than are released by conventional extraction. What Are The Overall Benefits of FITT?
Is FITT Ecological?
- With the extraction ratio usually exceeding 95%, you can enjoy virtually all of the health benefits of the botanicals without missing a beat.
- The raw materials are processed to micron level for maximum extraction efficiency.
- Starch and saccharides of low molecular weight can gelatinize and become cohesive under heat, preventing the effective release and extraction of active ingredients.
- For example, our lab tests show that 95-98% of green tea's active ingredients, such as the polyphenols - EGCG, ECG, EGC - and caffeine are safely transferred to the extract powder, significantly higher than the 28-38% in home brewed teas. That's almost 3 times as much!
- FITT™ powder extracts dissolve completely, making a clear beverage in seconds, even at room temperature.
- You can now truly enjoy premium tonic elixirs with ease! Just add, shake or stir and drink. It is that easy.
- No mess, no clean up, and nothing to throw away. eeTee™ takes all the hassle out of making a first class cup or bottle of tonic elixir.
Why Not Traditional Heat Extraction?
- FITT is a very green technology.
- FITT™ technology uses 33% less energy than traditional extraction methods.
- FITT™ technology produces 1/20 the waste of home brewing, and about 1/7 the waste of the conventional extraction. This means FITT™ technology needs much less raw materials to produce the same result, hence a much smaller carbon footprint.
- TZero waste of the production residue. With FITT™, the particles of the residue reach micron level, which makes them perfect animal feed or organic fertilizer. Most of our production residue is donated to local farms.
- Most of the production water is recycled and only clean, filtered water is discharged.
- eeTee™ instant granules made with FITT™ technology save you trouble while saving the earth. eeTee granules are ready to serve within seconds. No more shipping water or heavy glass bottles. No more plastic bottles filling up the landfill. Very "GREEN" teas indeed!
- Less raw materials, less energy consumption, recycled production water and automation of the entire production flow all contribute to a lower cost to produce the same amount of active ingredients, making FITT™ products very economical and affordable.
When a botanical is boiled in water or extracted in alcohol or other solvent, the constituents of the botanical are released from the fiber that contains them and are dissolved into the liquid medium. The resulting "tea," or paste is highly assimilable. This is much easier to consume because the material has been "reduced" to a much smaller volume and yet the potency is higher. Without the extraction, the body would have to do a digestive "extraction" of the materials bound to the fiber, adding much stress to our GI tract. Since we do not have the digestive tract of a ruminate, this "extraction" method is not very effective, nor is it efficient.
BUT, the downsides of traditional heated extraction include:
It is not suitable for extracting heat sensitive substances such as protein, amino acids, essential oils and enzymes. Starch and saccharides of low molecular weight can gelatinize and become cohesive under heat, preventing the effective release and extraction of active ingredients. Substances with no or few pharmacological effects can be released simultaneously. The heated process accelerates the oxidation process. It can result in polymerization and decomposition of active constituents.Specifications: Container Size:
2.5 oz/75 gm JarServings Per Container:
30Recommended Serving Size:
3/4 tsp or 2.5 gm once per day added to 1 cup of cool, room temperature, or slightly warm water. Do not use excessively hot/boiling water
Other Ingredients (less than 1%): Maltodextrin (a binding agent, enzymatically derived from plant starch. May contain a trace amount of cleanest source, non-GMO potato.)
Please Note: Dragon Herbs has recently changed the source of maltodextrin to potato and this may not be reflected on the package labels as of yet)
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.