Expanded and Updated Fourth Edition, 2009
"Proper nutrition is an art. It is an art form. Every bite is a brush stroke. Every swallow is a new color. Each meal is a cloud or a tree or a flower a piece of the beautiful painting that you are becoming. You are becoming an ever more attractive work of art each day. You truly are a work of art in progress."
In Eating for Beauty, David Wolfe, one of America's foremost nutrition experts, describes how to cleanse, nourish, and beautify by utilizing the benefits of a fresh-food diet. You can apply the lessons contained within this book to improve your appearance, vitality, and health.
Beauty is the universal language. Whether it is skin-care, a fresh-food diet, vital energy, or any other facet of healthy living, David Wolfe is the authority. Contains over 100 full-color photos and illustrations and references the most unique and highest-quality natural beauty products in the world!
Table of Contents:
- Lesson 1: Cosmic Beauty
- Lesson 2: Beauty Nutrition
- Lesson 3: The Acid/Alkaline Balance Simplified
- Lesson 4: The Three Food Classes
- Lesson 5: Elements of The Beauty Diet
- Lesson 6: Detoxification & Transformation
- Lesson 7: Alchemical Beauty Secrets (The Beauty Minerals)
- Lesson 8: Beautifying Foods
- Lesson 9: The Beauty Diet
- Lesson 10: Beauty Recipes
- Lesson 11: Body Beauty (Skin, Hair, Nails, Teeth, Eyes, Voice)
- Lesson 12: Yoga & Beauty Sleep
- Lesson 13: The Psychology of Beauty Consciousness
What Is Beauty?
- Appendix A: Hot Springs
- Appendix B: Non-Beautifying Plant Foods
- About Kirlian Photography
- Photo Credits
- About the Author
- The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation
- NoniLand Agricultural Research Center and Bee Sanctuary
- Sacred Chocolate
- David Wolfe's Peak Performance Archives
EATING FOR BEAUTY is now printed on extraordinary Recycled Stock with Soy Inks for the most sustainable book production process ever. By purchasing this book you participate in helping us save 86 full grown trees, 20,438 gallons of water, 43,000,000 BTU's of energy, 4,241 pounds of solid waste, and 6,817 pounds of greenhouse gases.
Updated and Expanded Second Edition, 2009
Contains over 100 full-color photos and illustrations
**Please Note: Books in the new addition contain a printing omission on page 41 in which part of the last sentence is missing. After the "I" it should read "recommend that you include more proteins (amino acids) in your diet in the form of some of the protein-rich foods in the following list."**